Saturday May 08, 2021 07:00
Sunday May 09, 2021 06:00
HIGHLAND race is an ultramarathon trail race of distance 93km that starts and ends in Nevrokopi Drama, Greece.
- should have been born before 2000
- should have finished a trail race over 40 kilometers from 2018 to 2020
- should be able to manage the difficulties of such a race and have experience of trail racing
- should complete a short CV with the main races that the athlete has finished in the years 2018-2020 and his athletic activities.
- An athlete, who has finished another difficult compound race (eg iron man, triathlon), may apply for the race.
Maximum number of entries: 80 athletes.
For safety reasons each athlete, is required to carry a backpack with the following mandatory materials throughout his race:
- container of liquids of at least two liters
- waterproof jacket
- long leggings
- Aluminum Blanket
- elastic bandage
- haemostatic sprays
- Emergency whistle
- Two headtorches with spare batteries
- a spare t-shirt
- food equivalent to 1000 calories min
- mobile phone with a charged battery. Your call number must be stated when you sign up for the race. The European Emergency Number is 112.
- Personal food container
Optionally, athletes can bring with them:
- GPS device
- the printed description of the route
- walking poles (with edges covered)
- windproof blouse
- spare pair of socks
- emergency sleeping bag
In the registration file there will be one plastic bag (30 lt) for the placement of the goods that the athlete may need. The athlete will find the drop bug in the refreshment station of Pirgoi.
The transfer of the bags will be the responsibility of the organization. It is forbidden to place in bags, sharps, fragile items. In the same bag, athletes will be able to reposition the materials that do not need in the rest of the race. Drop bugs will be transfered back to Nevrokopi under the responsibility of the organization.
Athletes' Categories are:
- Men's category
- Women's category
- Age category
- A (20-39) - M20-30 / C (20-39) - W20-30
- A (40-55) - M40 / C (40-55) - W 40
- A (55 +) - M55+ / C (55 +) - W55 +
Prizes and commemorative gifts will be awarded:
- The three (3) first men
- On the three (3) first women
- The first (1) athlete and the first (1) athlete of each age category
* (To create an age class there must be at least five athletes in the same category)